Hey HackPrague hackers!
Here is a couple of tips on working with Deepnote, and info about Challenge data.
If you want to work with this notebook, click on HackPrague info -> Duplicate project in the top left and go wild!
Challenge 3: Utilize enriched payment data
Until now banks had a very inexact idea of what are their clients spending for. With TapiX banks can now enrich their transactions with merchant name, GPS location and precise categorization and bring interesting insights to the clients. We’ve prepared a sample dataset for you to play with the data and try to find interesting use-cases. Unfortunatelly GPS coordinates, merchant name, and logos could not be due to the legal reasons provided, but for the challenge, you can assume them to be present.
4 000 CZK for the winning team
Possible challenge questions
- How to help client to save their money?
- Can you generate insights for clients using this data?
- Can you track positive changes in client’s life based on his transactions?
- Can you segment clients based on their transactions?
- Can you find any other use of the enriched transactions?
Dataset of 50k clients card transactions in the past 6 months enriched by TapiX. Each transaction contains client id, her gender approximate year of birth, tx category, shop_type, region as well as merchant_uid and shop_uid- an anonymized name of merchant and shop. The transactions are divided into 22 main categories and 390 tags. A list of categories and tags can be found here. DM Adam Dobiáš on Slack if you would need Category - Tag hierarchy.
Note GPS coordinates, merchant names and logos could not be provided due to the legal reasons, but for
the challenge, you can assume them to be present. E.g. use
merchant_uid as real merchant name.
- Data are available in CSV format in
hackprague-dateiopublic S3 bucket
- Here is how you connect it to Deepnote
- Go to Integrations on the left and create new Amazon S3 integration
- Enter a bucket name and integration name
hackprague-dateioand submit the dialog.
- Connect the newly created integration
- You can find the connected data in