This work is based on a dataset that collects information from 100k medical appointments in Brazil and is focused on the question of whether or not patients show up for their appointment. The analysis is focused on the following questions:
- Do the patients that are enrolled in the Brasilian Welfare Program shop up more than those who don't?
- What is the most common day of the week where the patients go to their appointments?
- Is there any significant difference between Female and Male attendance?
After cheking the data we can say that:
- There is not missing values > all the colmuns have 110527 rows.
- There is not duplicated data
- The dates are stored as object >We need to change dates from objects to datetime type.
Based on the analysis, people who are enrolled in the Brasilian Welfare Program have less attendance (77.4%) compared to the people who are not. (80.7%)
Research Question 2: What is the most common day of the week where the patients go to their appointments?
Based on the analysis, the most commond day of the week for appoinment is Thuesday
Research Question 3: Is there any significant difference between Female and Male attendance?
Even when the number of missing appointments is higher in women, there are more women than men who go to the hospital. If we considere the attendance rate (missing appointment/ Total appointment) there is not a significant difference between males and females in missing appointment.