1. What is the average sales excluding the dominant company?
Here is the average sales for all companies excluding the dominant one, which is Walmart: 46.602 millions of dollars.
2. How much money in sales did most companies make?
Excluding Walmart, companies made 34694 millions of dollars.
3. How many stores do most companies have?
Some companies have many stores, but the median is 1800, excluding Walmart.
4. Is the number of stores related to the number of sales? In other words, if a company has more stores, will it have more money from sales?
There is no relationship between sales and the number of stores.
5. What is the range between sales?
Range is 90.445 millions of dollars, excluding Walmart.
6. What are the 5 companies that have the most physical stores? Which of them are among the 5 companies that had the most sales?
In the first graph, we find Dollar Tree with the largest number of stores and Walmart with the fewest number of stores within the 5 companies that have the most stores.
In the second graph, we find Walmart with the highest number of sales and Walgreen with the lowest number of sales.
The first graph indicates that Walgreen Boots has more stores and sales than all of those in the second graph, while Walmart has the highest number of sales but the fewest number of stores in our top 5.
II. Optional questions
7. Which category of company generated the most sales?
Excluding Walmart, Warehouse Club was the bestseller.
Meanwhile, if we count Walmart, we realize that it is an outlier and that the Supercenters category has the highest number of sales.